Peloton was founded in 2012 to create a new concept in fitness. The founding team loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit with their busy schedules, and at-home workouts never felt quite as good as a class.
They set out on a mission to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience that would rival the in-class experience – all from the comfort of home.
- Fast growing startup has raised $325 million
- Has tripled revenue and subscriber base in 12 months
- 100,000 paying subscribers
- Data-driven software provides personalized experience
- Data growth is exponential
- Was having issues with Apache Cassandra in production
- Moved to Instaclustr to scale reliably with zero downtime
Working with Instaclustr has been great. They fixed our production issues with Apache Cassandra very quickly, and have since taken on responsibility for running our clusters in production. This means we can focus our efforts on building better products for our growing subscriber base, while feeling safe in the knowledge that our Cassandra clusters are always running at peak performance .