Are you responsible for building scalable apps for your company, or maybe for your customers? Then you must have heard, or even used Apache Cassandra – a scalable, distributed and a highly-available open source NoSQL database system.
Apache Cassandra is used by successful tech companies such as Spotify or Netflix, and also by small startups that want to scale up effortlessly as their business grows. Being highly available, Apache Cassandra is used across many industries ranging from technology, fintech, financial services, IoT, etc.
Instaclustr is organizing a free half-day workshop on Apache Cassandra. The workshop would offer both theoretical and practical modules. By participating in the workshop you would be able to:
- Learn the key features of Apache Cassandra
- Understand the underlying core concepts
- Experience the database with hands-on exercise
- Evaluate Cassandra as a solution for your technical challenges
- [9:30 – 9:35am] Welcome and Workshop Overview
- [9:35 – 10:00am] Introduction to Cassandra
- [10:00 – 10:20am] Cassandra Architecture
- [10:20 – 11:00am] Tasks to Manage a Cassandra Cluster
- [11:00 – 11:15am] Break
- [11:15 – 11:45am] Cassandra Data Modeling Concepts
- [11:45 – 12:30pm] Cassandra Hands-On / Wrap-Up Session
Ben Bromhead – As Chief Technology Officer and co-founder at Instaclustr, Ben sets the technical direction for the company. Ben is a distributed architecture expert with a demonstrated history of working in information security and highly available, distributed systems. Prior to Instaclustr, Ben had been working as an independent consultant developing NoSQL solutions for enterprises and he ran a high-tech cryptographic and cybersecurity formal testing laboratory at BAE Systems and Stratsec.