Imagine being able to stream in data from multiple sources, create actionable search indexes, and a data transformation engine using 100% license-free Apache to open source technology.
This is not only possible but relatively simple, using Apache Kafka + Elasticsearch + Connectors with Calcite/Lenses SQL/ Streaming that link these solutions.
In this interactive 3 hour workshop, you will get an overview of these powerful technologies’ respective architectures as well as their practical usage. This workshop will also cover:
– The merits of open source technology
– The basics of Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch and Connectors how they interact with one another
– Deploy the open-source solution locally and configure the connectors to create end-to-end integration workflows
– How to easily spin-up some clusters
– Use case discussions currently impacting enterprises
[2:00 – 2:50pm] Apache Kafka
[2:50 – 3:40pm] Elasticsearch
[3:40 – 4:20pm] Kafka Connect and Apache Calcite and Stream Reactor
[4:20 – 5:00pm] Solutions Walkthrough / Wrap-Up Session
Mussa Shirazi – With over 13 years of IT industry experience, Mussa specializes in the field of Big Data, Low Latency Monitoring, Network and Security Technologies, Network Solutions and has worked with large multinational corporations. He has a vast experience with open source technologies such as Elasticsearch and Kafka and has been involved in designing and deployment of data solutions for big financial organizations. Mussa is a big fan of open source technologies and likes getting involved in all kinds of data projects that involve open source technologies