Imagine being able to stream in data from multiple sources, create actionable search indexes, and a data transformation engine using 100% license-free Apache to open source technology.
This is not only possible but relatively simple, using Apache Kafka + Elasticsearch + Connectors with Calcite/Lenses SQL/ Streaming that link these solutions.
In this interactive 3 hour workshop, you will get an overview of these powerful technologies’ respective architectures as well as their practical usage. This workshop will also cover:
– The merits of open source technology
– The basics of Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch and Connectors how they interact with one another
– Deploy the open-source solution locally and configure the connectors to create end-to-end integration workflows
– How to easily spin-up some clusters
– Use case discussions currently impacting enterprises
[2:00 – 2:50pm] Apache Kafka
[2:50 – 3:40pm] Elasticsearch
[3:40 – 4:20pm] Kafka Connect and Apache Calcite and Stream Reactor
[4:20 – 5:00pm] Solutions Walkthrough / Wrap-Up Session
Zeke Dean, Senior Engineer from Instaclustr, Zeke has many years of experience building big data systems for enterprises all over the world — from banks in the Middle East to major publishing houses in the United States. At Instaclustr, he works with businesses to solve their messaging, streaming, and integration requirements using Kafka.