Setting Up a Datacenter with EBS EncryptionMenu
Datacenters running on Amazon’s EBS infrastructure can be encrypted with an AWS KMS key. This will encrypt both your EBS volumes and S3 backups. This involves a few steps to set up:
In your AWS account:
- Add Instaclustr’s account (624537489435) as an External Account
In your Instaclustr account:
- Go to Account → Encryption Keys to add encryption keys.
- When you Create a cluster or Add a datacenter:
- Finish the create a cluster or add a datacenter process to provision the encrypted datacenter.That’s it! Encryption and decryption will be handled transparently by AWS’ Key Management Service, so use the datacenter as you would with a datacenter of no encryption.
For more information regarding Amazon’s encryption service see:
- Share Custom Encryption Keys More Securely Between Accounts by Using AWS Key Management Service
- Amazon EBS Encryption
Enabling this feature on existing cluster
Most clusters will require a DC migration to move to encrypted EBS.
Set up your AWS Encryption keys as per the process above, and email firstname.lastname@example.org to request adding this on your existing cluster.
We are available to provide additional information and guide you through this process. Please email email@example.com or raise a new ticket.