Instaclustr is pleased to announce the latest update for it’s open-sourced sstable analysis tools for Apache Cassandra.
These tools, first released in February 2017, help operators to gain an accurate picture of the on-disk data stored by Cassandra which can be invaluable in diagnose and resolving operational issues.
A full run-through of the existing functionality of the tools can be found in this blog post.
- Improved support of TWCS – sorting by maximum timestamp in the sstable listing
- For Apache Cassandra 3.x, ic-cfstats reports about rows including:
- Total number of rows
- Total number of row deletions
- A row histogram giving number of rows per partition
- Largest partitions/widest partitions report includes number of rows and how many row deletions
- Added a Most Deleted Rows section reporting partitions with most row deletions
- Tombstone Leaders and SSTable Leaders reports number of rows
- ic-cfstats and ic-pstats includes histogram of partition sizes and sstables/partition in the summary