Instaclustr is pleased to announce the availability of the new PostgreSQL® minor releases13.8 and 14.5 on the Instaclustr Managed Platform.
PostgreSQL is the world’s most advanced open source, object-relational database system, and Instaclustr is a leading provider of open source data solutions, allowing customers to avoid the risks of vendor lock-in and unsupported software. Instaclustr’s PostgreSQL managed platform is open source, that’s really open source!
This release includes a security fix, as well as other bug fixes, making it an especially important upgrade for customers running in regulated industries, and those with heightened compliance needs. Customers can treat this minor release as a “drop-in” replacement, functionally compatible with the previous minor versions. In particular, the following fixes are especially important for our customers (as well as all Postgres users in general):
- A fix for CVE-2022-2625 which allowed extension scripts to replace objects not belonging to the extension
- A fix of the replay of CREATE DATABASE write-ahead log (WAL) records on standby servers when encountering a missing tablespace directory
- Added support for tablespaces that are plain directories instead of symbolic links to other directories
- Fixed permission checks in CREATE INDEX to use the user’s permissions. This fixes broken dump/restore scenarios that relied on the behavior prior to the fix for CVE-2022-1552
- A fix in the extended query protocol, force an immediate commit after CREATE DATABASE and other commands that can’t run in a transaction block.
- Squishing of over 40 other bugs!
For customers who are running PostgreSQL on the managed platform, we will use our maintenance event system to schedule an appropriate time to upgrade your clusters. If you would like to upgrade sooner, or have any questions, please reach out to our Support team.
For customers wanting to experience a PostgreSQL cluster on the Instaclustr Managed Platform, you can sign up and create a PostgreSQL cluster with these new versions in a free trial.