Instaclustr is pleased to announce General Availability, following 6 months in Public Preview, of our lower priced offering to support developers getting started with Cadence®. Originally developed and open sourced by Uber, Cadence is a workflow engine that greatly simplifies the development of complex long-running automated business processes at scale. This solution is particularly suited for use in microservice-based architectures where multiple service calls must be coordinated over time to achieve a business outcome. Due to its unique capabilities, Cadence is rapidly gaining popularity with developers.
Instaclustr’s Development Shared Infrastructure offering for Cadence allows developers to, within a few minutes, provision all required Cadence services on a single, dedicated node to begin their development and testing. The Cadence node connects to Cassandra®, Kafka®, and OpenSearch® clusters that may be shared across multiple customers, each with a segregated data environment in these back-end services.
This Cadence environment provides all standard Cadence features, including Advanced Visibility without the complication and expense of running multiple clusters to support the Cadence service. The environment is then managed and supported by Instaclustr according to our development environment SLAs. The Shared Infrastructure configuration is not supported for production usage but provides a great development environment for use in conjunction with Instaclustr’s production-ready Cadence offerings. With this GA release, this offering is fully SOC 2 compliant.
Our Cadence Development Shared Infrastructure offering is currently available in AWS us-east-1 region at a cost of $133/month (pro-rated if not run for a full month). That includes support and all AWS charges for both the Cadence node and back-end services. This compares to $523/month for our smallest dedicated Cadence offering. It is also eligible for use during Instaclustr’s 30-day free trial.
Using Instaclustr’s Managed Platform for Cadence development and testing provides several advantages for developers over a local laptop install:
- Access to a full range of Cadence features, including Advanced Visibility
- Easy access to monitoring and Cadence web functionality via Instaclustr’s console
- Gets you started with Instaclustr’s free trial credits
- Ability to share the environment across multiple developers
- Closely mirrors the setup of Instaclustr’s production grade Cadence setup, including provisioning management through Instaclustr’s Terraform provider (coming soon) and API, and usage of standard Cassandra, Kafka, and OpenSearch clusters
- Offers access to Instaclustr’s Support team for environment management and other assistance.