Instaclustr is pleased to announce that version 1.2.4 of OpenSearch and 1.2.0 of OpenSearch Dashboards are now available on Instaclustr’s SaaS Platform. Instaclustr’s OpenSearch managed service is based on the truly open source, Apache 2.0 licensed, OpenSearch project.
Since the OpenSearch project reached GA in July 2021 the OpenSearch project has been steadily making enhancements to the project. Key features that have been added to OpenSearch and OpenSearch Dashboards since GA include:
- OpenSearch 1.2.4 includes multiple CVE fixes
- OpenSearch 1.2.3 was available on the Instaclustr platform for a short period of time prior to the release of 1.2.4. OpenSearch 1.2.3 included patching Log4j to version 2.17.1. The OpenSearch community released multiple minor versions as the Apache Log4j2™ vulnerability situation evolved.
- Customers wishing to understand Instaclustr’s response to the vulnerability can find additional information in the following blog.
- Customers now have the ability to customize the appearance of their OpenSearch Dashboards with features such as custom titles and logos.
- Our Technical Operations team also can take advantage of improved tooling to support migrations to OpenSearch.
- From version 1.1 onwards, the underlying Apache Lucene™ search library has been updated to version 8.9.
For customers who are running Open Distro for Elasticsearch, we have also released version 1.13.3. This version is required as a stepping stone when transitioning across to OpenSearch. This version of 1.13.3 also includes updates to address the Log4j and an additional patch for vulnerabilities included in OpenSearch 1.2.4.
Existing customers running OpenSearch or Open Distro for Elasticsearch can contact our support team if they wish to upgrade to the latest version on OpenSearch.
If you are running Elasticsearch clusters and are concerned about the licence changes we highly encourage you to trial an OpenSearch cluster and experiment with it. Contact our Support or Customer Success teams for any questions and clarifications. New customers can begin a free trial of Instaclustr Managed OpenSearch here or contact the Instaclustr Sales team.