Instaclustr is pleased to announce the release of Managed Mirroring as an additional feature of our Kafka Connect offering on the Instaclustr Managed Platform. Our Managed Mirroring offering uses the MirrorMaker functionality in Kafka Connect as its foundation. Kafka Connect is part of Apache Kafka, the leading distributed event streaming platform. It is governed by the Apache Software Foundation and open source under the Apache 2.0 License.
Managed Mirroring allows customers to synchronize Kafka data from one cluster to another. This can be used for a variety of reasons including:
- Mirroring data between geographical regions for local production/consumption
- Creating active/active highly available cluster topologies where both clusters are actively used
- Data backup
- Creating a failover cluster.
Key features of the Managed Mirroring solution include:
- Built on Kafka Connect to provide an enterprise grade solution available on AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud service providers. Full details of Kafka Connect can be found on our product page.
- A dedicated console page to streamline the setup and configuration of the mirroring solution. This includes pre-population of your existing Instaclustr managed Kafka clusters. When you initiate it in the console we automatically commence the mirroring of your clusters.
- Once your mirroring is configured, the mirroring details pages in the console will show you additional information about your deployment, including:
- The latest latency measurements for copying of data from source cluster to target cluster
- The status of each of the MirrorMaker 2 connectors and tasks
- The configuration used to create each of the MirrorMaker 2 connectors
- Additionally Managed Mirroring supports configuration via the Kafka Connect REST API
- Access to mirroring specific monitoring metrics via our API or console
- Continuous monitoring and alerting to allow our Technical Operations team to take full, end to end, responsibility for the availability of the mirroring service.
- 24×7 comprehensive support from our Technical Operations team
If you want to try our Kafka or Kafka Connect service, log in to our Management Console and try creating a test Kafka Connect cluster and associate it with your Instaclustr managed Kafka cluster. If you haven’t created a Kafka cluster on our platform, create a test Kafka cluster and use the 30-day free trial. If you’d also like a free trial of a Kafka Connect cluster, please contact our Sales team.