Creating a ClusterMenu
- To get started, after setting up your user account, navigate to the Clusters Overview page and click the Create Cluster button. This will take you to Create Cluster page.
- On the Create Cluster page, choose a cluster configuration matching your performance and pricing requirements. Instaclustr recommends that cluster nodes are allocated across all racks within a data centre, and that the allocation be evenly distributed. This ensures stability, fault-tolerance and consistent performance. Enter an appropriate name for your cluster.
- Under Applications section, select an appropriate base application and its version and any add-ons you require.
- Under Data Centre section, select your Infrastructure Provider, Region, Custom Name (which is a logical name for the data centre within Cassandra), Data Centre Network address block, Node Size, EBS Encryption option, Replication Factor and number of nodes. Refer to our support article on Network Address Allocation to understand how we divide up the specified network range to determine the node IP addresses.
- Under Cassandra Options section, select your Network and Security settings. Note: Instaclustr detects the IP address of the computer used to access the Dashboard and creates a firewall rule to your computer to connect to the cluster. Certain web proxies may interfere with this mechanism and Instaclustr will see their IP address instead. We suggest you verify the detected address.
- The Summary section displays a brief summary of your cluster configurations and pricing details. Click the Terms and Conditions link to open the Instaclustr Terms and Conditions and other policy documents. After going through the document, select the checkbox to accept the Terms and Conditions. Once you are happy with the cluster configuration and have accepted the terms and conditions, click the Create Cluster button to start creating the cluster.
- Provisioning a cluster can take some time depending on the responsiveness of the underlying cloud provider. All status messages will be displayed along with the progress of the cluster creation on the Clusters’ page.
- You have now finished creating your cluster, congratulations! All your clusters will be listed on the Clusters Overview page. You can view details of your cluster by clicking Cluster Details button.
- We recommend reviewing the following support articles as a next step:
Contact us at email@example.com if there is any issue in provisioning your cluster.