For customers who which to perform additional processing, or require more flexible storage of application logs, Instaclustr can ship your application logs to a Instaclustr managed Apache Kafka cluster.
This can be configured for any Instaclustr Managed cluster.
In order to configure this for your nominated cluster, Instaclustr will require the following information (Note: For Multi Data Centre Clusters we will need the following information per data centre):
- Source Cluster(s) you would like application logs sent from.
- The destination Kafka Cluster you would like Instaclustr to write the application logs to
- Any specific applications you do (or do not) want logged
- Which Kafka topic(s) you would like to send those applications logs to
- You can send all logs to the same topic, or a different topic per cluster
You will need to submit a support request with the above information to have this actioned on your cluster. The request will need to come from a user with Cluster Owner or above permissions.