Users have the option of signing up for a new account through the “Sign in with Google” on the login or registration pages of Console 2. Signing up through Google creates a password-less user on Instaclustr, and such users are required to continue logging in through Google for future logins to the console.
- Centralization – Access to Instaclustr and login security rules on the Gmail address can be centrally controlled through Google Workspaces.
- Convenience – no need to maintain a separate password for login to Instaclustr.
Migrating an Existing User
Existing Instaclustr users may migrate to use Google SSO by –
- Changing the existing user’s email to an aliased version. Example – Change “[email protected]” to “[email protected]” This can be done by logging into the console, clicking on your user icon on the top right → My Profile → Email tab.
- Invite your original Gmail address to your account through Account Settings from the cog menu on the top right → User Invitations and make sure the option to allow signing up through Google SSO is enabled. If you are not the account Owner, you will need to request an account Owner to create this invitation.
- Accept the invitation sent to your Gmail address and click on the “Sign in with Google” button to sign up for a new user through Google.
- Unlink your original Instaclustr user through Account Settings from the cog menu on the top right → Linked Users. If you are not the account Owner, you will need to request an account Owner to unlink your original user.
- If you have multiple accounts linked to your user, you will need to repeat the above steps for each account.
Once the migration has been completed, you may use the “Sign in with Google” button on the login page of the console to gain access to your accounts.
If you need further help please contact Instaclustr Support.