NetApp Closes Acquisition of Instaclustr Read the announcement
Managing Principal ARNs of a PrivateLink Kafka Cluster
This article describes how to manage AWS Endpoint Service Principals for PrivateLink clusters using the Instaclustr Console. ARN stands for Amazon Resource Name and uniquely identifies AWS resources. You can read more about ARNs here. AWS principals, such as AWS accounts, IAM users, and IAM roles can be used to allow a connection from your endpoint to a PrivateLink cluster’s endpoint service privately. You can read more about PrivateLink and our support for it here. Our interface for the AWS Endpoint Service Principals provides the following functions:
- List allowed Principal ARNs
- Add Principal ARN
- Remove Principal ARN
Manage Principal ARNs
- Once your cluster has been provisioned, you can manage Principal ARNs through the Instaclustr console. Navigate to the AWS PrivateLink tab of your cluster and then click on Add New Principal ARN.
- Fill in the required information on the Add New AWS Endpoint Service Principal and click the Add Principal ARN button.
- If the Principal ARN is added successfully, it will appear as a new entry in a table. In case of failure, an appropriate error message explaining the cause of failure will be displayed.
- To remove an existing Principal ARN, locate it in the table and click on the Delete button in the Actions column alongside it. A dialog box will appear where you can confirm your removal of the Principal ARN. Click on Proceed to remove the Principal ARN.
By Instaclustr Support
Experiencing difficulties on the website or console?
Already have an account?
Need help with your cluster?Contact Support
Why sign up?
To experience the ease of creating and managing clusters via the Instaclustr Console
Spin up a cluster in minutes